Sunday, June 04, 2006

Gunung Hantu Besar (3rd - 4th June 06)

I heard about Gunung Hantu Besar from the hiking friends long time ago. So, when Hai Poh came out with this hiking plan, I immediately registered myself to join the trip. I also invited Chiern Wern to come with me. We stayed overnight at Kok Yuen's house at Friday night (2nd June). On Saturday morning, we drove to Jelebu after having breakfast. There are altogether 24 ppl joining the trip. Well, it's definitely a big group. So, we hired two 4 wheel drive to take us to the start point.

After 1 hour journey on the rough and bumpy road, we reached the Lata Kijang waterfall. I was amazed by the beautitul waterfall. We rested and took our lunch at the waterfall. The destination for the day is the campsite which located about 900m above the sea level. The climb begins by scalling the 300++ steps at a slope that inclines about 80 degrees, from the Lata Kijang waterfall. It took us around 3.5 hours to reach the campsite. The wild orchird can be easily found at the campsite. It's a nice and wide camp site.

Next morning, we woke up early at 6.30am and started to climb to the top. We took more than 1 hours to reach the top as the slopes are quite steep. It was very cold and misty at the top. So, most of us were very disappointed. We wait until 9.30am, suddenly the clouds which covered up the view was disappeared and the scenic mountain was appeared in front of us. We are so excited, the paranomic view of the mountain is lovely. The peak of Gunung Hantu Kecil can be seen from near, Genting Highlands and KL town can be seen from far. I am not able to describe the scene, you got to be at there to feel it.

Hiking is the tiring activity. The hiking group always teased among ourselves why we still turn up for every hiking trip although it's so tiring and torturing. One of the reason is the scenery. Every mountain offers different view and scenery. It made us forgot about the tiring journey. After came back, we will slowly forget about how difficult is it to hike up, but keep on remember how nice is the waterfall, sunset and sunrise, mountain view etc.. If you like hiking, I think you will agree with me. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jing Yee, I got to know you thru a friend, Chris Ng Kian Leong. I was supposed to go to Siem Reap, and he asked me to read your blog and plan my trip from there. It's very useful.

    Ever since then, I've been following up on your blog. I found out that your an outdoor kind of person, indulging in hiking trips, camps and jungle trekking. The latest being the Everest camp. It's a good job done...and I wish you all the best in your future adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jing Yee...Jacky said the info he got from ur blog was very useful...hehehhehehe...
    Wahhh u really like all those outdoor activities hor...and doggies...that i know since uni time...kekekkeke...u've really been to a lot of waterfalls, conquered a fair number of mountains and you are really enjoying nature...maybe one day must join you...lol

    ReplyDelete